Ahoy me hearties! Pirate Day set to return to Royston this weekend
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
Shiver me timbers...a pirate trail will be held in Royston on Saturday, and it promises to be swashbuckling fun for all the family.
Pirate Day will be based at the lair in 53 High Street and will feature entertainment such as walk-the-plank, pirate craft activities, badge making and pirate glitter tattoos.
There will be a fancy dress competition and most importantly, a pirate treasure trail.
Participants will be issued with a treasure map and clues which will lead them around the town centre to discover hidden treasure in the shops.
All activities will be free for all ages and will be spread throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Parents will need to accompany minors at all times. Town manager Geraint Burnell said: “At last year’s event, Royston was swarming with pirates – more than 400 people applied.
“This year we’ve included some new events such as make your own treasure chest while bringing back the favourites of last year.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Missing teen found safe and well
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
“So there will be plenty to occupy children as part of a day’s visit to the town, which might include sampling the restaurants, play facilities and shops.”