After Garden House Hospice team takes Herts title, who will win in volunteer honours in Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Hertfordshire Valuing Volunteers Awards – top honours went to the team from the Garden House Hospice, which provides care for patients and their families across North Herts and has a popular charity shop in Royston town centre.
There were 79 nominations from volunteers who support the wealth of voluntary organisations, community groups and sports clubs which enhance our local communities.
They were asked to put forward organisations which really value their contribution, and there were certainly impressive testimonials for the Garden House offer. “I was valued and welcomed from the start. I have gained a lot and feel really settled” was just one of the tributes received from their volunteers.
Stevenage Credit Union took second place, with Age UK Hertfordshire in third.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy was presented at the Volunteering Herts annual meeting by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire Jonathan Trower, who expressed his gratitude to all the volunteers and the organisations which benefit from their contribution.
He also praised the impressive work that Volunteer Centres do in their local areas to enable and support volunteering.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
If you volunteer in Cambs nominations are still open for the new Cambridgeshire Volunteer Centres Valuing Volunteers awards, but hurry as the closing date is on Monday next week.
A trophy will be presented to the organisation or community group which demonstrates how much they value their volunteers at a special event at the Cambridge Belfry Hotel in Cambourne on Monday, August 3.
What makes this award so special is that nominations can only be made by volunteers – so don’t delay, visit our website or contact us for a nomination form.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk