Actress stages workshop for volunteers
A PROFESSIONAL actress has helped charity volunteers brush up on their public-speaking skills. Meg Morris, from Fowlmere, now runs communication support agency WingsVA, and got in touch with Marie Curie cancer care to offer her skills free of charge. She
A PROFESSIONAL actress has helped charity volunteers brush up on their public-speaking skills.
Meg Morris, from Fowlmere, now runs communication support agency WingsVA, and got in touch with Marie Curie cancer care to offer her skills free of charge.
She said: "I know how cancer affects families and as an actress I also realise that to inform the public about the work these important charities do is vital. A clear message, well delivered can make all the difference. I wanted to use my years on the professional stage to give the delegates a real confidence boost."
The actress, who has appeared on stage in numerous productions, including the West End's longest running show, Mousetrap, gave tips on using the voice, body language, and how to prepare for presentations.
You may also want to watch:
Christine Brown from Marie Curie Cancer care said: "This was a great session with Meg regaling some of her theatrical stories and helping us to feel good about standing up to speak. We had lots of fun on the day and learnt some expert ideas.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash