Action! The Picture Palace team needs some extras to complete Royston cinema cast
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
With the eyes of the world turning to the annual Oscars ceremony at the weekend, this week our spotlight is on cinema closer to home.
Volunteers are the stars of the show at Royston Picture Palace, the community cinema which is dedicated to showing quality films to appreciative audiences of all ages.
With its central location in Royston Town Hall and easy parking, it is accessible to all and recognised as a real asset to our town.
Overseen by the cinema manager, the Picture Palace is run by dedicated teams of volunteers who are trained to take on a variety of roles to ensure the smooth running of the performances and an enjoyable evening for cinema goers. With extended opening hours, including matinee and Sunday screenings due to popular demand, more volunteers are invited to become a vital part of this unique experience.
There are many ways you can become involved – if you would like to help run the box office or the refreshment kiosk, welcome visitors, act as an usher, help to put the seating out, tear tickets, or hand out publicity information, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A rota system is in place so you can volunteer regularly at times to suit you and you will have the opportunity to interact with the public in this enjoyable setting.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
Full training will be given on all roles and you will be a valued and supported member of the team.
A very warm welcome awaits you so please get in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk