Action! The Picture Palace team needs some extras to complete Royston cinema cast
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
With the eyes of the world turning to the annual Oscars ceremony at the weekend, this week our spotlight is on cinema closer to home.
Volunteers are the stars of the show at Royston Picture Palace, the community cinema which is dedicated to showing quality films to appreciative audiences of all ages.
With its central location in Royston Town Hall and easy parking, it is accessible to all and recognised as a real asset to our town.
Overseen by the cinema manager, the Picture Palace is run by dedicated teams of volunteers who are trained to take on a variety of roles to ensure the smooth running of the performances and an enjoyable evening for cinema goers. With extended opening hours, including matinee and Sunday screenings due to popular demand, more volunteers are invited to become a vital part of this unique experience.
You may also want to watch:
There are many ways you can become involved – if you would like to help run the box office or the refreshment kiosk, welcome visitors, act as an usher, help to put the seating out, tear tickets, or hand out publicity information, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A rota system is in place so you can volunteer regularly at times to suit you and you will have the opportunity to interact with the public in this enjoyable setting.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
Full training will be given on all roles and you will be a valued and supported member of the team.
A very warm welcome awaits you so please get in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk