Accountants race for charity
ROYSTON Accountancy firm Hardcastle Burton took to the track last Sunday to raise money for cancer charity CLIC Sargent. Hardcastle Burton employees took part in the charity race day at Red Lodge Karting, Newmarket, which was set up to raise cash for CLIC
ROYSTON Accountancy firm Hardcastle Burton took to the track last Sunday to raise money for cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Hardcastle Burton employees took part in the charity race day at Red Lodge Karting, Newmarket, which was set up to raise cash for CLIC Sargent, a charity providing care for children with cancer or leukemia.
Event organiser Steve Williams said: "It was an enjoyable day, but the highlight must be the money we have raised for children with cancer."
The event was organised in association with Liam Fairhurst, 12, who is fighting cancer, and has undertaken a fundraising campaign to raise over £100,000 in honour of his friend Jack Wilkinson, who lost his battle with cancer in August 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Teams from across the region took part in two three-hour karting endurance races, and Hardcastle Burton finished in a respectable 7th place in their group.
Mr Williams added: "The aim was to raise £8,000 - £10,000 from all the participants and to know we have helped achieve this target is the greatest reward.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so via www.justgiving.com/liamsmile