Accountants get their running shoes on to support Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
A firm of accountants will be swapping their calculators for running shoes later this month to take part in Royston in Blue.
The annual fun run/walk in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust takes place at Therfield Heath on June 22, with participants, many of whom will be dressed in blue, raising funds for the charity.
Accountancy business UHY Hacker Young are one of several local companies sponsoring the race, and together with their sister business, Virtual Business Source, will be entering a team of runners.
UHY have sponsored the race since in began three years ago, and David Smyth, a Director of the firm which is based in Kneesworth Street, Royston, said: “This is such an important cause. We’re pleased to support the charity and local community by ensuring the continuation of this fantastic event.”
There is still time to enter the 5km walk and join hundreds of others on the course.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Lisa Thompson said: “Royston in Blue is now entering its third year, and has raised over £44,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
“All monies raised again will go to the trust’s work in the East Anglia region. Seven teenagers a day are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and the trust funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals.”
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Participants are encouraged to wear as much blue as a possible, with prizes being awarded on the day for the best costumes. Everyone who completes the walk will also receive a medal.
The race starts at 11am, with all participants invited to join an aerobic warm-up before it gets underway. Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for children.
To download an entry form, visit www.roystoninblue.co.uk.