Accountants get their running shoes on to support Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
A firm of accountants will be swapping their calculators for running shoes later this month to take part in Royston in Blue.
The annual fun run/walk in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust takes place at Therfield Heath on June 22, with participants, many of whom will be dressed in blue, raising funds for the charity.
Accountancy business UHY Hacker Young are one of several local companies sponsoring the race, and together with their sister business, Virtual Business Source, will be entering a team of runners.
UHY have sponsored the race since in began three years ago, and David Smyth, a Director of the firm which is based in Kneesworth Street, Royston, said: “This is such an important cause. We’re pleased to support the charity and local community by ensuring the continuation of this fantastic event.”
There is still time to enter the 5km walk and join hundreds of others on the course.
Organiser Lisa Thompson said: “Royston in Blue is now entering its third year, and has raised over £44,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
“All monies raised again will go to the trust’s work in the East Anglia region. Seven teenagers a day are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and the trust funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals.”
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Participants are encouraged to wear as much blue as a possible, with prizes being awarded on the day for the best costumes. Everyone who completes the walk will also receive a medal.
The race starts at 11am, with all participants invited to join an aerobic warm-up before it gets underway. Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for children.
To download an entry form, visit www.roystoninblue.co.uk.