Abseil challenge for Melbourn girl
A MELBOURN girl is ready to scale the heights for a cause close to her heart.
Lucy Leach, 11, is to abseil down the 80ft high Cambridge Guildhall next weekend in memory of her Grandmother who died of cancer last year.
On the day of the abseil, Lucy would have passed her twelfth birthday - the minimum age requirement for an abseil - by just a week, but she isn’t nervous about the challenge.
“I went and looked at the Guildhall last week and wished it was higher,” she said.
“I haven’t been abseiling for long but I can’t wait for this and want to raise as much money as possible for my nan.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy’s Grandmother Pauline Leach passed away over Christmas, aged 62, and she will be raising money for the East Anglia Children’s Hospice on March 27, from 2.30pm.
She has a target of �500, and donations can be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/lucy-leach12.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'