Abseil challenge for Melbourn girl
A MELBOURN girl is ready to scale the heights for a cause close to her heart.
Lucy Leach, 11, is to abseil down the 80ft high Cambridge Guildhall next weekend in memory of her Grandmother who died of cancer last year.
On the day of the abseil, Lucy would have passed her twelfth birthday - the minimum age requirement for an abseil - by just a week, but she isn’t nervous about the challenge.
“I went and looked at the Guildhall last week and wished it was higher,” she said.
“I haven’t been abseiling for long but I can’t wait for this and want to raise as much money as possible for my nan.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy’s Grandmother Pauline Leach passed away over Christmas, aged 62, and she will be raising money for the East Anglia Children’s Hospice on March 27, from 2.30pm.
She has a target of �500, and donations can be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/lucy-leach12.
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree