World Cup final to be shown at Abington Pigotts summer fete
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Abington Pigotts are getting ready for their annual summer fete next weekend.
St Michael & All Angels church will provide the backdrop to the fete where there will be live music, a barbecue, a bar – including Pimm’s and real ale – tea and cake tent, traditional fete games, classic cars, craft and produce market, homemade cakes and much more.
There will also be a lively sports tent for football and tennis fans.
Catherine Knight, of the fete’s organising committee, says: “The fete is a long-standing tradition of this beautiful village and is a really great day out of fun, family-friendly fete games, like turkey bowls, tug-of-war, ‘plot a poo’ and the highly competitive egg throwing competition.
“This year we are offering the added bonus of our sports tent screening both the Wimbledon and World Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
“So, come along and join in the fun and soak up the atmosphere of what promises to be a fabulous day!”
The fete starts at 2pm on Sunday, July 15, and will stay open until the end of the football. Proceeds go to the church and the village hall.
More information on the fete go to www.facebook.com/abingtonpigotts
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event