World Cup final to be shown at Abington Pigotts summer fete
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Abington Pigotts are getting ready for their annual summer fete next weekend.
St Michael & All Angels church will provide the backdrop to the fete where there will be live music, a barbecue, a bar – including Pimm’s and real ale – tea and cake tent, traditional fete games, classic cars, craft and produce market, homemade cakes and much more.
There will also be a lively sports tent for football and tennis fans.
Catherine Knight, of the fete’s organising committee, says: “The fete is a long-standing tradition of this beautiful village and is a really great day out of fun, family-friendly fete games, like turkey bowls, tug-of-war, ‘plot a poo’ and the highly competitive egg throwing competition.
“This year we are offering the added bonus of our sports tent screening both the Wimbledon and World Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
“So, come along and join in the fun and soak up the atmosphere of what promises to be a fabulous day!”
The fete starts at 2pm on Sunday, July 15, and will stay open until the end of the football. Proceeds go to the church and the village hall.
More information on the fete go to www.facebook.com/abingtonpigotts
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims