Abington Pigotts set for summer fete full of family-friendly fun and games
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Abington Pigotts are set for their annual summer fete this weekend, which organisers say will be “a day of family friendly fun in a spectacular setting.”
St Michael & All Angels church will provide the backdrop to the summer fete where there will be music, a barbecue, beer from the Pig and Abbot pub, traditional fete games, classic cars, stalls, homemade cakes and much more.
Catherine Knight, of the fete’s organising committee, said: “The fete has been going for donkey’s years in this beautiful village, where the church dates back from the 1400s and the village hall was built in 1928.
“It really will be a great day of old fashioned family-friendly fete games, like turkey bowls and tug-of-war, and after months of organising we are looking forward to enjoying it and having a bit of fun too!”
The fete starts at 2pm on Sunday, and finishes at 5pm. Entry is £1, proceeds go to the church and the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Search Abington Pigotts Summer Fete 2017 on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction