Abington Pigotts set for summer fete full of family-friendly fun and games
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Abington Pigotts are set for their annual summer fete this weekend, which organisers say will be “a day of family friendly fun in a spectacular setting.”
St Michael & All Angels church will provide the backdrop to the summer fete where there will be music, a barbecue, beer from the Pig and Abbot pub, traditional fete games, classic cars, stalls, homemade cakes and much more.
Catherine Knight, of the fete’s organising committee, said: “The fete has been going for donkey’s years in this beautiful village, where the church dates back from the 1400s and the village hall was built in 1928.
“It really will be a great day of old fashioned family-friendly fete games, like turkey bowls and tug-of-war, and after months of organising we are looking forward to enjoying it and having a bit of fun too!”
The fete starts at 2pm on Sunday, and finishes at 5pm. Entry is £1, proceeds go to the church and the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Search Abington Pigotts Summer Fete 2017 on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire