Abington Pigotts set for summer fete full of family-friendly fun and games
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Abington Pigotts are set for their annual summer fete this weekend, which organisers say will be “a day of family friendly fun in a spectacular setting.”
St Michael & All Angels church will provide the backdrop to the summer fete where there will be music, a barbecue, beer from the Pig and Abbot pub, traditional fete games, classic cars, stalls, homemade cakes and much more.
Catherine Knight, of the fete’s organising committee, said: “The fete has been going for donkey’s years in this beautiful village, where the church dates back from the 1400s and the village hall was built in 1928.
“It really will be a great day of old fashioned family-friendly fete games, like turkey bowls and tug-of-war, and after months of organising we are looking forward to enjoying it and having a bit of fun too!”
The fete starts at 2pm on Sunday, and finishes at 5pm. Entry is £1, proceeds go to the church and the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Search Abington Pigotts Summer Fete 2017 on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?