A505 still shut after motoryclist left with serious injuries in crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Credit: Archant
The A505 remains shut westbound towards Royston after an earlier crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum which has left a motorcyclist with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called at about 4.45pm after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a lorry close to the turning for Thriplow.
Initially the road was closed by police in both directions, and is still shut westbound between Junction 10 of the M11 for Duxford and the B1368.
Two ambulances, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance medical car all attended the scene, and an ambulance spokeswoman said a man – the motorcyclist – was treated for serious leg injuries. He has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
Another person was also treated at the scene and taken to Addenbrooke’s.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England have tweeted to say the road remains closed by Cambs police at this time.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes