A505 still shut after motoryclist left with serious injuries in crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Credit: Archant
The A505 remains shut westbound towards Royston after an earlier crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum which has left a motorcyclist with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called at about 4.45pm after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a lorry close to the turning for Thriplow.
Initially the road was closed by police in both directions, and is still shut westbound between Junction 10 of the M11 for Duxford and the B1368.
Two ambulances, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance medical car all attended the scene, and an ambulance spokeswoman said a man – the motorcyclist – was treated for serious leg injuries. He has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
Another person was also treated at the scene and taken to Addenbrooke’s.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England have tweeted to say the road remains closed by Cambs police at this time.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs