A505 still shut after motoryclist left with serious injuries in crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Credit: Archant
The A505 remains shut westbound towards Royston after an earlier crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum which has left a motorcyclist with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called at about 4.45pm after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a lorry close to the turning for Thriplow.
Initially the road was closed by police in both directions, and is still shut westbound between Junction 10 of the M11 for Duxford and the B1368.
Two ambulances, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance medical car all attended the scene, and an ambulance spokeswoman said a man – the motorcyclist – was treated for serious leg injuries. He has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
Another person was also treated at the scene and taken to Addenbrooke’s.
Highways England have tweeted to say the road remains closed by Cambs police at this time.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'