A505 reopens in Royston direction after serious crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Credit: Archant
The A505 has now fully reopened following an earlier crash near the Duxford Imperial War Museum.
Emergency services were called at about 4.45pm after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a lorry close to the turning for Thriplow.
Initially the road was closed by police in both directions between Junction 10 of the M11 for Duxford and the B1368.
The westbound carriageway towards Royston remained shut, but has now reopened.
Two ambulances, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance medical car had all attended the scene, and an ambulance spokeswoman said a man – the motorcyclist – was treated for serious leg injuries. He has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
You may also want to watch:
Another person was also treated at the scene and taken to Addenbrooke’s.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Police officer cleared of misconduct for stopping driver because he was Black