A505 reopens in Royston direction after serious crash near Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Credit: Archant
The A505 has now fully reopened following an earlier crash near the Duxford Imperial War Museum.
Emergency services were called at about 4.45pm after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a lorry close to the turning for Thriplow.
Initially the road was closed by police in both directions between Junction 10 of the M11 for Duxford and the B1368.
The westbound carriageway towards Royston remained shut, but has now reopened.
Two ambulances, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance medical car had all attended the scene, and an ambulance spokeswoman said a man – the motorcyclist – was treated for serious leg injuries. He has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.
You may also want to watch:
Another person was also treated at the scene and taken to Addenbrooke’s.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021