Lorry and car crash on A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A lorry and a car have collided on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this morning.
Police were called to the crash, which happened near the turning for Odsey, at 10.20am today.
Officers are currently in attendance, alongside the ambulance service.
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue were also called to the collision and on arrival crews found a car trapped under an articulated lorry.
Four people in the car were trapped and had to be cut out by the firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Royston and one from Baldock and Letchworth attended.
Herts Highways have said the road is set to reopen at approximately 12 noon.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
This newspaper is awaiting further information from the ambulance service.