Traffic at standstill after crashes on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There have been two crashes on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this evening, causing heavy traffic on the stretch.
One incident reportedly happened westbound near the Wallington junction, and the other eastbound near the Odsey turning - the road is currently blocked.
Emergency services are at the scene, and police are diverting traffic into Ashwell.
There are delays of more than 20 minutes according to AA Traffic.
We have contacted the emergency services for more details.
UPDATE: Police have provided information about one of the crashes.
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 3.20pm today to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A505 between Royston and Baldock involving a Mercedes van and a Renault van. The road was closed while emergency services were on the scene.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
"One person was taken to hospital with slight injuries and the road reopened just before 5.40pm."