Traffic at standstill after crashes on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There have been two crashes on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this evening, causing heavy traffic on the stretch.
One incident reportedly happened westbound near the Wallington junction, and the other eastbound near the Odsey turning - the road is currently blocked.
Emergency services are at the scene, and police are diverting traffic into Ashwell.
There are delays of more than 20 minutes according to AA Traffic.
We have contacted the emergency services for more details.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: Police have provided information about one of the crashes.
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 3.20pm today to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A505 between Royston and Baldock involving a Mercedes van and a Renault van. The road was closed while emergency services were on the scene.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
"One person was taken to hospital with slight injuries and the road reopened just before 5.40pm."