Traffic at standstill after crashes on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There have been two crashes on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this evening, causing heavy traffic on the stretch.
One incident reportedly happened westbound near the Wallington junction, and the other eastbound near the Odsey turning - the road is currently blocked.
Emergency services are at the scene, and police are diverting traffic into Ashwell.
There are delays of more than 20 minutes according to AA Traffic.
We have contacted the emergency services for more details.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: Police have provided information about one of the crashes.
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 3.20pm today to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A505 between Royston and Baldock involving a Mercedes van and a Renault van. The road was closed while emergency services were on the scene.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"One person was taken to hospital with slight injuries and the road reopened just before 5.40pm."