Traffic at standstill after crashes on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
There have been two crashes on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this evening, causing heavy traffic on the stretch.
One incident reportedly happened westbound near the Wallington junction, and the other eastbound near the Odsey turning - the road is currently blocked.
Emergency services are at the scene, and police are diverting traffic into Ashwell.
There are delays of more than 20 minutes according to AA Traffic.
We have contacted the emergency services for more details.
UPDATE: Police have provided information about one of the crashes.
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 3.20pm today to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A505 between Royston and Baldock involving a Mercedes van and a Renault van. The road was closed while emergency services were on the scene.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
"One person was taken to hospital with slight injuries and the road reopened just before 5.40pm."