Cattle trailer blocks A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
The A505 heading towards Royston from Baldock is closed after a tractor – which was transporting cattle – overturned.
The trailer containing the cows is blocking the road near the Litlington turn.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 3.24pm today to the A505 adjacent to the Litlington junction to reports that a tractor had jack-knifed. “The tractor’s trailer had cows on it and was blocking the road. No-one was injured and the cattle were secure in the trailer.
“A van had was also involved and had hit a post. The vehicle had to be recovered.
“Another tractor came to the scene to take the cattle trailer away.
You may also want to watch:
“There was some damage to a barrier and the road surface so highways were made aware. We’re still at the scene.”
Traffic is being diverted through the villages.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes