Cattle trailer blocks A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
The A505 heading towards Royston from Baldock is closed after a tractor – which was transporting cattle – overturned.
The trailer containing the cows is blocking the road near the Litlington turn.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 3.24pm today to the A505 adjacent to the Litlington junction to reports that a tractor had jack-knifed. “The tractor’s trailer had cows on it and was blocking the road. No-one was injured and the cattle were secure in the trailer.
“A van had was also involved and had hit a post. The vehicle had to be recovered.
“Another tractor came to the scene to take the cattle trailer away.
You may also want to watch:
“There was some damage to a barrier and the road surface so highways were made aware. We’re still at the scene.”
Traffic is being diverted through the villages.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs