Cattle trailer blocks A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
The A505 heading towards Royston from Baldock is closed after a tractor – which was transporting cattle – overturned.
The trailer containing the cows is blocking the road near the Litlington turn.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 3.24pm today to the A505 adjacent to the Litlington junction to reports that a tractor had jack-knifed. “The tractor’s trailer had cows on it and was blocking the road. No-one was injured and the cattle were secure in the trailer.
“A van had was also involved and had hit a post. The vehicle had to be recovered.
“Another tractor came to the scene to take the cattle trailer away.
“There was some damage to a barrier and the road surface so highways were made aware. We’re still at the scene.”
Traffic is being diverted through the villages.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge