A505 closed between Royston and Duxford after overnight wood recycling plant fire
- Credit: Archant
The A505 is closed between Royston and Duxford after an overnight wood recycling plant fire.
Emergency services were called to an open fire at Bridge Foot Quarry, Flint Cross, near Melbourn, at about 10.20pm last night.
The fire involved a large quantity of wood chippings and was put under control. Cambridge Fire and Rescue remain on the scene.
At 12.30am the A505 was closed between the junction with the A10 and Junction 10 of the M11.
People are being advised to keep doors and windows closed.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks