A505 closed between Royston and Duxford after overnight wood recycling plant fire
- Credit: Archant
The A505 is closed between Royston and Duxford after an overnight wood recycling plant fire.
Emergency services were called to an open fire at Bridge Foot Quarry, Flint Cross, near Melbourn, at about 10.20pm last night.
The fire involved a large quantity of wood chippings and was put under control. Cambridge Fire and Rescue remain on the scene.
At 12.30am the A505 was closed between the junction with the A10 and Junction 10 of the M11.
People are being advised to keep doors and windows closed.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston