A505 closed between Royston and Duxford after overnight wood recycling plant fire
- Credit: Archant
The A505 is closed between Royston and Duxford after an overnight wood recycling plant fire.
Emergency services were called to an open fire at Bridge Foot Quarry, Flint Cross, near Melbourn, at about 10.20pm last night.
The fire involved a large quantity of wood chippings and was put under control. Cambridge Fire and Rescue remain on the scene.
At 12.30am the A505 was closed between the junction with the A10 and Junction 10 of the M11.
People are being advised to keep doors and windows closed.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club