Fire crews tackle car blaze on A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews attended a car fire on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this afternoon.
The blaze broke out at around 12.05pm on the eastbound A505 carriageway, between Slip End and the Odsey turnings.
Crews attended the scene and closed the road in both directions.
A Herts county council spokesperson said: “We were called at 12.08pm today to a vehicle on fire on the A505 Baldock to Royston. Crews from Royston and Letchworth and Baldock attended.
“One car and nearby hedge caught alight. Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel were in use.”
You may also want to watch:
The A505 between Slip End and Odsey remains closed in both directions, and drivers are advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford