Fire crews tackle car blaze on A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews attended a car fire on the A505 between Baldock and Royston this afternoon.
The blaze broke out at around 12.05pm on the eastbound A505 carriageway, between Slip End and the Odsey turnings.
Crews attended the scene and closed the road in both directions.
A Herts county council spokesperson said: “We were called at 12.08pm today to a vehicle on fire on the A505 Baldock to Royston. Crews from Royston and Letchworth and Baldock attended.
“One car and nearby hedge caught alight. Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel were in use.”
You may also want to watch:
The A505 between Slip End and Odsey remains closed in both directions, and drivers are advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre