Road closure after A10 crash involving lorry and cars near Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a serious crash on the A10 near Melbourn, involving a lorry and two cars.
The incident happened at about 2.15pm, and police, fire crews, paramedics and an air ambulance were all called to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said: “One person is believed to have suffered serious injuries.
“The A10 is currently closed southbound at the junction with the A505 while the incident is dealt with.”
There are significant delays between Royston and Melbourn as a result.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said one crew from Royston attended that cutting equipment was used to free casulaties, but it is not clear how many at this stage. They were back at their station at 3.27pm – a Cambs Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a crew from Sawston also attended to support them for a time.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “Two ambulance officers, two units from our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended the scene to treat two patients, who were both taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
UPDATE: The road reopened at around 9pm, police confirmed.