Road closure after A10 crash involving lorry and cars near Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a serious crash on the A10 near Melbourn, involving a lorry and two cars.
The incident happened at about 2.15pm, and police, fire crews, paramedics and an air ambulance were all called to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said: “One person is believed to have suffered serious injuries.
“The A10 is currently closed southbound at the junction with the A505 while the incident is dealt with.”
There are significant delays between Royston and Melbourn as a result.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said one crew from Royston attended that cutting equipment was used to free casulaties, but it is not clear how many at this stage. They were back at their station at 3.27pm – a Cambs Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a crew from Sawston also attended to support them for a time.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “Two ambulance officers, two units from our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended the scene to treat two patients, who were both taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
UPDATE: The road reopened at around 9pm, police confirmed.