A10 grid-locked between Royston and Buntingford as snow strikes again
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning. Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight. The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was co
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning.
Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight.
The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was compounded by a three-vehicle collision near Reed.
Drivers are being asked to stay off the roads where possible.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, communications manager at the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "Clearly people are heeding the advice that the police, ourselves and motoring organisations are giving out to take extra care and only to make journeys that are absolutely necessary.
"While the snow and icy conditions continue to present a hazard, particularly on smaller roads and side streets which don't always benefit from gritting or salting, motorists should remain particularly careful."
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
On the railways over-running engineering works mean there is a bus service in place between Royston and Stevenage, which is causing further delays of up to an hour.