A10 grid-locked between Royston and Buntingford as snow strikes again
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning. Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight. The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was co
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning.
Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight.
The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was compounded by a three-vehicle collision near Reed.
Drivers are being asked to stay off the roads where possible.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, communications manager at the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "Clearly people are heeding the advice that the police, ourselves and motoring organisations are giving out to take extra care and only to make journeys that are absolutely necessary.
"While the snow and icy conditions continue to present a hazard, particularly on smaller roads and side streets which don't always benefit from gritting or salting, motorists should remain particularly careful."
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
On the railways over-running engineering works mean there is a bus service in place between Royston and Stevenage, which is causing further delays of up to an hour.