A10 grid-locked between Royston and Buntingford as snow strikes again
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning. Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight. The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was co
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning.
Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight.
The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was compounded by a three-vehicle collision near Reed.
Drivers are being asked to stay off the roads where possible.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager at the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "Clearly people are heeding the advice that the police, ourselves and motoring organisations are giving out to take extra care and only to make journeys that are absolutely necessary.
"While the snow and icy conditions continue to present a hazard, particularly on smaller roads and side streets which don't always benefit from gritting or salting, motorists should remain particularly careful."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
On the railways over-running engineering works mean there is a bus service in place between Royston and Stevenage, which is causing further delays of up to an hour.