A10 grid-locked between Royston and Buntingford as snow strikes again
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning. Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight. The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was co
A FRESH band of wintry weather brought misery for commuters this morning.
Drivers faced ungritted roads after about two inches of snow fell overnight.
The A10 between Royston and Buntingford was at a standstill for several hours, and the situation was compounded by a three-vehicle collision near Reed.
Drivers are being asked to stay off the roads where possible.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Sanderson, communications manager at the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "Clearly people are heeding the advice that the police, ourselves and motoring organisations are giving out to take extra care and only to make journeys that are absolutely necessary.
"While the snow and icy conditions continue to present a hazard, particularly on smaller roads and side streets which don't always benefit from gritting or salting, motorists should remain particularly careful."
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
On the railways over-running engineering works mean there is a bus service in place between Royston and Stevenage, which is causing further delays of up to an hour.