A unique nativity
A UNIQUE nativity display is being shown at St Catherine s Church in Litlington. In conjunction with Steeple Morden Primary School the church have been working to create special scenes to celebrate the birth of Jesus. And in doing so members of the cong
A UNIQUE nativity display is being shown at St Catherine's Church in Litlington.
In conjunction with Steeple Morden Primary School the church have been working to create special scenes to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
And in doing so members of the congregation have donated a variety of nativity crib sets to be displayed in the church.
Donations have come from near and far, with 46 separate displays originating from all over the globe.
You may also want to watch:
There are Christmas corn dolls from Kenya, a handmade set from Bangladesh that has been created entirely from mud, a donation from Argentina and an olive wood set that originates from Bethlehem. There is also a clever creation made from origami.
Organiser Sue Jenkins said: "The displays range from the very simple to the most unique. The idea is for people to realise what Christmas is all about and the most important aspect of Christmas is the birth of Jesus.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
"The cribs have been well received and the different scenes make interesting viewing. Pupils from Steeple Morden Primary School have also helped and they have enjoyed coming down and drawing a variety pictures.