A touch of country and western sprinkled on Royston Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
You’d be forgiven for thinking the Jackson Creek Band are based in the American deep south, not Cambridge.
But this local trio with American roots have seen their popularity soar across the UK with fans who have a taste for some down to earth classic country and western music.
The band is due to perform at the Royston Folk Club at the end of the month, and they told The Crow that they are just as excited as the audience.
The group said: “We love performing for the folk clubs in and around the local area, they are the best kind of audience.
“Folk clubs are appreciative, keen listeners and The Royston Folk Club is no exception.
“We’ve performed for the Royston Club in the past and always left feeling really good, really welcomed.
“ We’re looking forward to the gig and we have some new songs to perform. It should be a really good night.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
The band consists of Ben Ashby on guitar, Helene Jones on vocals and Ken Hill on bass.
They will perform alongside Garry Smith and Oka Vanga at Royston Folk Club at The Old Bull Inn on July 31 from 8pm.
To find out more, visit www.roystonfolk.org.