A strategic move in NHS shake-up
A SHAKE-UP of the NHS will see the creation of one strategic health authority for the east of England. The re-organisation means that the Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk Strategic Health Authority will now include Herts, Bedfordshire and Essex. In the
A SHAKE-UP of the NHS will see the creation of one strategic health authority for the east of England.
The re-organisation means that the Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk Strategic Health Authority will now include Herts, Bedfordshire and Essex.
In the past Essex stood alone as a strategic health authority while the Herts and Bedfordshire Strategic Health Authority covered the most immediate area.
In a statement the Department of Health said the reorganisation would "strengthen the architecture of the NHS".
You may also want to watch:
Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt said: "These improvements to the NHS will mean more money for front-line services and better care for patients."
Health authority chairman Keith Pearson said: "It's a good opportunity to work closely with other eastern region partners."
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
He said the shake-up had been supported by the health authorities in the area.
The NHS re-organisation will continue next month with a shake-up of primary care trusts.
This could see the merger of the Royston, Buntingford and Bishop's Stortford NHS Primary Care Trust with another body or a new trust covering the whole of Herts.