A round of applause for volunteer army who helped Royston’s festival hit new heights
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
We have just enjoyed another fantastic Royston Arts festival with a packed programme offering a wide range of events.
Venues across the town included community halls, local schools, churches, the museum and the lovely Priory Memorial Gardens.
We have appreciated music, art activities, installations and exhibitions and seen our town decked with bunting and yarn.
Our community has come together to celebrate this much-anticipated annual occasion.
You may also want to watch:
But this did not just happen by itself. Royston Arts Festival is run by Creative Royston whose management committee are all volunteers. They give freely of their services and are committed to celebrating and encouraging local creativity all year round as well as staging the annual Royston Arts Festival.
They involve a large number of volunteers each year to ensure the festival runs smoothly and new faces are always welcome.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Some of these volunteers have been giving their time each year because they enjoy themselves so much, thanks to the excellent management of Creative Royston which includes making sure their volunteers are supported, valued and thanked.
I would like to echo their thanks to all the Festival volunteers and also pay tribute to Creative Royston and all the volunteers themselves, thanking them for their tireless work both with planning behind the scenes and front of house over the duration of this very successful festival, it is most appreciated.
It is never too early to get involved, so if you would like to help next year or with any of the other events that Creative Royston put on throughout the year – then contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk