A priceless pointer to help you make the most of the year ahead
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
It’s never too late to make a new year resolution, so even if you’ve picked out some key pledges for 2016 why not also make it the year in which you start to volunteer?
Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your local community, have fun, learn new skills and make friends.
Whatever your skills, interests or availability, here at Royston & District Volunteer Centre we can help you find something to inspire you.
We work at the heart of the community providing advice, support and guidance to individuals wanting to volunteer and to local voluntary organisations, community groups and sports clubs so that they can successfully involve and support volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
While helping to improve life for others, you’ll get something out of the experience for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with that – volunteering is a ‘win-win’ thing, so why not put your spare time to good use, gain new experiences and skills or share existing ones, gain a sense of achievement, build confidence and feel valued, appreciated and useful.
You can drop into the Volunteer Centre for a confidential one to one chat with a member of our staff.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
We’re now open again after the Christmas break and would love to hear from you – we can make an appointment to suit your availability.
You can also search for our volunteering opportunities at www.do-it.org.uk. Just use your postcode to view our shop window of opportunities in the local area. You can then register with us via the web site and we will contact you to offer further support.
Remember, volunteers don’t get paid not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk