A month to go to get your entries in for Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
There is less than a month to go until Royston turns blue to raise cash for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
There’s a month to go until Royston turns blue to raise cash for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The five kilometre walk takes place on Sunday, June 22, with all profits going to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Organiser Lisa Thompson said: “Royston in Blue is now entering its third year, and has raised over £44,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
“All monies raised again will go to the trust’s work in the East Anglia region. Seven teenagers a day are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and the trust funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals and provide dedicated staff bringing young people together so they can be treated by teenage cancer experts in the best place for them.
You may also want to watch:
“All participants in the race will receive a special Royston in Blue t-shirt, and will be encouraged to wear as much blue as possible - it’s all part of the fun. We will be holding a fancy dress competition on the day.”
As well as the human fancy dress competition, any canine competitors who are dressed up by their owners will be eligible to enter a dog fancy dress competition. Magaret White from Royston Veterinary Centre, will be awarding the prizes.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases
Everyone who completes the walk will also receive a medal.
The race starts at 11am, with all participants invited to join an aerobic warm-up before it gets underway. Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for children.
To download an entry form, visit www.roystoninblue.co.uk.