A month to go to get your entries in for Royston in Blue
- Credit: Archant
There is less than a month to go until Royston turns blue to raise cash for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
There’s a month to go until Royston turns blue to raise cash for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The five kilometre walk takes place on Sunday, June 22, with all profits going to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Organiser Lisa Thompson said: “Royston in Blue is now entering its third year, and has raised over £44,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
“All monies raised again will go to the trust’s work in the East Anglia region. Seven teenagers a day are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and the trust funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals and provide dedicated staff bringing young people together so they can be treated by teenage cancer experts in the best place for them.
You may also want to watch:
“All participants in the race will receive a special Royston in Blue t-shirt, and will be encouraged to wear as much blue as possible - it’s all part of the fun. We will be holding a fancy dress competition on the day.”
As well as the human fancy dress competition, any canine competitors who are dressed up by their owners will be eligible to enter a dog fancy dress competition. Magaret White from Royston Veterinary Centre, will be awarding the prizes.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Everyone who completes the walk will also receive a medal.
The race starts at 11am, with all participants invited to join an aerobic warm-up before it gets underway. Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for children.
To download an entry form, visit www.roystoninblue.co.uk.