A model business
A MAN who turned a hobby into a business has become the latest Barclays Business Personality of the Month. Graham Miller and his wife Michelle received the award from Andy Webb, the local business manager at the bank s Royston branch. Graham used to work
A MAN who turned a hobby into a business has become the latest Barclays Business Personality of the Month.
Graham Miller and his wife Michelle received the award from Andy Webb, the local business manager at the bank's Royston branch.
Graham used to work as a salesman selling agricultural machinery and as a hobby collected farm models.
He saw an opportunity in the market and 22 years ago turned his collecting into a business.
You may also want to watch:
His business, G & M Farm Models in Therfield, is now a thriving business run by Graham and his wife and their children Layla and Stephen.
During the year they attend about 25 shows a year and export models to the United States, Asia and Australia, as well as having a European market.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
Indeed, in 2000 the company was inducted into the US Farm Models Hall of Fame which recognised G & M Farm Models' importance in the market.
Mr Webb said: "Turning a hobby into a serious business can be difficult, but having a genuine interest in your product really helps."
He added: "It's good to see how well it works when you get it right.