A-levels: Meridian School achives 98 per cent pass rate
After weeks of sleepless nights teenagers can finally find out how they did in their A-levels, with 98 per cent of students at Meridian School passing their A-level exams.
David Atkins, assistant headteacher, said: “These results are a testament to the hard work of the students, the dedication of staff and the magnificent support of parents.
“The majority of these students will now be able to follow their chosen careers and university courses.
“It was especially pleasing to note the significant number of subjects which were passed at the highest possible grades. This shows the culmination of many years spent by students in the successful Royston three tier system”.
The school singled out several highflyers who had achieved top marks including:
Melanie Coates 4 A* Grades at A level plus 1 A at AS level
Lucy Urbas 3 A* Grades at A level plus 1 A at AS level
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
Emma Hobbs 3 A* Grades at A level plus 1 C grade at AS level
Emily Burton 3 A Grades at A level plus 1 B and 1C at AS level
Chay Woodford 1 A* 2A 1B at A level plus 1 E grade at AS level