A-level results 2016: Freman College, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
Students at Freman College in Buntingford came away with some of the highest grades the college has ever seen as A-level results were opened this morning.
Headteacher Helen Loughran said: “It is fantastic to see how well students have done again this year.
“They worked tremendously hard and as a result, almost without exception, they are setting out on the career route they wanted.
“It is a real testament to the wide range of skills and the strength of our different departments that we have students moving on to such a diverse range of courses, apprenticeships and jobs. We are extremely proud of all of them – I know they are going to go on to even further success in the future.”
Freman’s overall pass rate at grades A*-E was 99 percent.
You may also want to watch:
Top performers include Alex Houghton-Dodd who got an A in business studies, economics and mathematics, Jack Jeffreys got an A* in mathematics and As in history, further mathematics, general studies and a B in physics, and Caitlin Vann who gained 2 A*s in art and photography, and an A in English literature.
There were also high flyers amongst the students taking the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sports Studies which is equivalent to 3 A-levels.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
Annie Brierly, Tom Burns, Ben Coffey, Josh Holmes, Scott Murray, Emma Nightingale, Charlie Owen and Jade Walker all achieved three Distinction* grades, equivalent to 3 A*s at A level.