A-level results 2015: Staff at Meridian School in Royston ‘delighted’ with students’ success
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Royston’s Meridian School say they are delighted with this year’s A-level results, which have been released this morning.
Students have been visiting the school in Garden Walk to receive their results, with staff praising them for their hard work.
Assistant headteacher David Atkins said: “We are delighted with the successes achieved by our Year 12 and 13 students this summer.
“The Year 13 A-level cohort was a small group of students, many of whom worked very hard to overcome challenges and improve on previous achievements.
“They are now in a position to look forward to the next stage of their working lives, either at University or in training positions for employment. We wish them every success with this.”
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head Kim Horner said: “Our Year 12 achieved AS level results which they can be proud of, setting themselves up for wonderful results in 2016. Congratulations to these students for all their hard work.”
Jess Weatherall, head of sixth form, added: “I’m really pleased with how well this year group has worked, and wish them the best of luck with the path they choose after sixth form.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
“A number of these students have made a considerable contribution to life in Royston, through sports, the performing arts and their volunteering work in the first and middle schools.”
The school has decided not to publish the overall percentage pass rate at this stage in a move repeated across North Herts, but have picked out some of this year’s star performers.
In Year 13 they were:
• Kyran Perhar with AAA at A-level and a C at AS
• Daniel Gee with AAB at A-level and BBC at AS
• Alec Fynn with A*AC at A-level and a B at AS
• Nathan Coote with ABBD at A-level
Year 12 at AS level:
• Callum Marvell with AAAB
• Gus Rees with AAAB
• Hannah Smith with AAAC
• Annabel Gee with AAAC
• Hannah Pocock with ABBC
• Chloe Gobell with BBBB