‘A great day out for everyone’ – May Day entertainment draws in the crowds at annual Royston fayre
- Credit: Clive Porter
The annual Royston May Fayre was once again a huge success with record numbers enjoying the fun.
The event, organised by Royston Town Council’s May fayre committee, saw people flock to the Priory Memorial Gardens to enjoy the entertainment.
Mayor Sarah Dingley said: “The May fayre was tremendous fun. It had a wonderful buzz, and the dark clouds and occasional cold wind didn’t deter anyone.
“Heartfelt thanks go to all the organisers and contributors for making it such a huge success. It was a great day out for everyone.”
The town band and dance groups provided music and displays, and the new eco/environmental section in the town hall car park was popular with visitors signing up for North Herts Bee Keepers courses, getting items fixed by the Royston Repair Café team and hearing NHDC’s recycling advice.
You may also want to watch:
A town council spokeswoman said: “We would like to thank all those who helped the May fayre committee put on such a good event, especially our staff, Town councillors and community volunteers who worked so hard on the day to ensure everything went well.”
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre