80-year-old left bruised and shocked after raiders restrain her
AN 80-YEAR-OLD woman suffered shock and sustained bruising to her face, wrists and ankles when she was restrained by thieves burgling her home.
Detectives are appealing for information following the incident in Ashwell - The Comet is not identifying the road in order to protect the victim.
Offenders gained entry through a side door just before 7pm last Tuesday, before restraining the victim.
A spokesman for Herts Police said jewellery “which is of great sentimental value and worth a substantial amount of money” was stolen.
Detective Sergeant Mark Clawson said: “This was a despicable and cowardly crime against an elderly lady. I would urge anyone with information, who may have seen or heard anything in the area prior to or after 7pm that night, to get in contact with us as a matter of urgency.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DS Clawson on 101, quoting crime reference number G4/12/121, or alternatively call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal