80-year-old left bruised and shocked after raiders restrain her
AN 80-YEAR-OLD woman suffered shock and sustained bruising to her face, wrists and ankles when she was restrained by thieves burgling her home.
Detectives are appealing for information following the incident in Ashwell - The Comet is not identifying the road in order to protect the victim.
Offenders gained entry through a side door just before 7pm last Tuesday, before restraining the victim.
A spokesman for Herts Police said jewellery “which is of great sentimental value and worth a substantial amount of money” was stolen.
Detective Sergeant Mark Clawson said: “This was a despicable and cowardly crime against an elderly lady. I would urge anyone with information, who may have seen or heard anything in the area prior to or after 7pm that night, to get in contact with us as a matter of urgency.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DS Clawson on 101, quoting crime reference number G4/12/121, or alternatively call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued