80-year-old left bruised and shocked after raiders restrain her
AN 80-YEAR-OLD woman suffered shock and sustained bruising to her face, wrists and ankles when she was restrained by thieves burgling her home.
Detectives are appealing for information following the incident in Ashwell - The Comet is not identifying the road in order to protect the victim.
Offenders gained entry through a side door just before 7pm last Tuesday, before restraining the victim.
A spokesman for Herts Police said jewellery “which is of great sentimental value and worth a substantial amount of money” was stolen.
Detective Sergeant Mark Clawson said: “This was a despicable and cowardly crime against an elderly lady. I would urge anyone with information, who may have seen or heard anything in the area prior to or after 7pm that night, to get in contact with us as a matter of urgency.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DS Clawson on 101, quoting crime reference number G4/12/121, or alternatively call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now