60 years of marriage is a piece of cake for Royston’s Ann and Peter
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, with their group of friends who joined them for slice of cake.
Ann and Peter Cook were born in the Buntingford area and met on a coach trip to the theatre in 1955 when Peter spotted the then 16-year-old Ann.
They have two daughters, Deborah and Linda, and one grandson, Alex, and the family moved to Royston many years ago.
The couple’s first date was to the cinema in Hertford on Peter’s motorcycle, with a nervous Ann on the back. They married two years later.
Ann was a seamstress among other things and Peter was a carpenter and site manager, but also made models as a hobby – “a passion Ann definitely didn’t share”.
You may also want to watch:
Their friend Nigel Woodward, who joined them for cake at Tasty Bites cafe in Market Hill, said: “We wanted to have this celebration because we have all been visiting the cafe for a long time, and we wanted to wish them all the best.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe