60 years of marriage is a piece of cake for Royston’s Ann and Peter
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, with their group of friends who joined them for slice of cake.
Ann and Peter Cook were born in the Buntingford area and met on a coach trip to the theatre in 1955 when Peter spotted the then 16-year-old Ann.
They have two daughters, Deborah and Linda, and one grandson, Alex, and the family moved to Royston many years ago.
The couple’s first date was to the cinema in Hertford on Peter’s motorcycle, with a nervous Ann on the back. They married two years later.
Ann was a seamstress among other things and Peter was a carpenter and site manager, but also made models as a hobby – “a passion Ann definitely didn’t share”.
You may also want to watch:
Their friend Nigel Woodward, who joined them for cake at Tasty Bites cafe in Market Hill, said: “We wanted to have this celebration because we have all been visiting the cafe for a long time, and we wanted to wish them all the best.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?