60 years of marriage is a piece of cake for Royston’s Ann and Peter
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, with their group of friends who joined them for slice of cake.
Ann and Peter Cook were born in the Buntingford area and met on a coach trip to the theatre in 1955 when Peter spotted the then 16-year-old Ann.
They have two daughters, Deborah and Linda, and one grandson, Alex, and the family moved to Royston many years ago.
The couple’s first date was to the cinema in Hertford on Peter’s motorcycle, with a nervous Ann on the back. They married two years later.
Ann was a seamstress among other things and Peter was a carpenter and site manager, but also made models as a hobby – “a passion Ann definitely didn’t share”.
Their friend Nigel Woodward, who joined them for cake at Tasty Bites cafe in Market Hill, said: “We wanted to have this celebration because we have all been visiting the cafe for a long time, and we wanted to wish them all the best.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme