‘5,000 signatures in three weeks is amazing!’ – Royston group smash petition target in fight to secure future of town’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
The group campaigning to secure the future of Royston Hospital were thrilled to surpass 5,000 signatures in their petition at the weekend.
Royston Community Health’s Maggie Allen was joined by North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald on Saturday at Royston market, where they collected 471 more names bringing their total as it stands to 5,325 signatures.
“To have collected more than 5,000 signatures in three weeks is amazing,” Maggie said.
“We had many petitions coming in from people who had been collecting from friends, relatives and groups, and the villages.
“People were very keen that we get a Health and Social Care Hub on the hospital site rather than the NHS developing the Melbourn Street Health Centre site.”
You may also want to watch:
The online petition will remain open until they get a date to meet health secretary, Jeremy Hunt.
Anyone who still has paper petitions is asked to deliver them to Curwens in Royston High Street.
See www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HM3T6ZL to view the petition.
Go to roystoncommunityhealth.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange