£150,000 re-vamp, but . . . toilet still out of order
A PUBLIC toilet re-vamped at a cost of £150,000 is still to open. And it may not be up-and-running when Royston s Christmas Carnival is held in two weeks time. A spokesman for North Herts District Council told The Crow yesterday (Wednesday) that electric
A PUBLIC toilet re-vamped at a cost of £150,000 is still to open.
And it may not be up-and-running when Royston's Christmas Carnival is held in two weeks' time.
A spokesman for North Herts District Council told The Crow yesterday (Wednesday) that electrical work still needed to be completed on the building.
"We are talking a matter of weeks rather than days for the work to be done," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The toilet has remained surrounded by a metal barrier - in spite of plans to have it in use in October.
The re-vamp on the toilet in Fish Hill was part of a project which saw refurbishment of public toilets at The Cross and plans to close a toilet at The Warren car park.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
It had earlier been suggested that electrical work on the toilets would need to be replaced because of problems.
But the district council spokesman said that it was just a question of the work being completed.
Cllr Fiona Hill, chairman of the district council's Royston area committee, said: "Hopefully everything will be resolved shortly.