£150,000 re-vamp, but . . . toilet still out of order
A PUBLIC toilet re-vamped at a cost of £150,000 is still to open. And it may not be up-and-running when Royston s Christmas Carnival is held in two weeks time. A spokesman for North Herts District Council told The Crow yesterday (Wednesday) that electric
A PUBLIC toilet re-vamped at a cost of £150,000 is still to open.
And it may not be up-and-running when Royston's Christmas Carnival is held in two weeks' time.
A spokesman for North Herts District Council told The Crow yesterday (Wednesday) that electrical work still needed to be completed on the building.
"We are talking a matter of weeks rather than days for the work to be done," he said.
The toilet has remained surrounded by a metal barrier - in spite of plans to have it in use in October.
The re-vamp on the toilet in Fish Hill was part of a project which saw refurbishment of public toilets at The Cross and plans to close a toilet at The Warren car park.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
It had earlier been suggested that electrical work on the toilets would need to be replaced because of problems.
But the district council spokesman said that it was just a question of the work being completed.
Cllr Fiona Hill, chairman of the district council's Royston area committee, said: "Hopefully everything will be resolved shortly.