Youngsters showed they really cared
On Thursday 11 December 2008 at 4.00pm, I was driving home from work when my back tyre blew and shredded. I pulled over into the lay by in the dip of the hill on the A1198 between Arrington and Longholme and called the recovery service and my husband a
On Thursday 11 December 2008 at 4.00pm, I was driving home from work when my back tyre blew and shredded.
I pulled over into the lay by in the dip of the hill on the A1198 between Arrington and Longholme and called the recovery service and my husband and waited for them to arrive. It was a really cold afternoon and was getting very dismal and I was absolutely freezing.
The local school bus pulled up and a bunch of lads got off and immediately came over to see if I was ok. They went back to the bus and told the driver who got off to check if I needed assistance as well, and then they wanted to know if I wanted them to wait with me or do anything to help. One lad even offered to go and get his Dad.
(Luckily the breakdown and my husband arrived shortly afterwards and I was soon on my way home).
You may also want to watch:
I just want them to know I was really touched by their kindness and just wanted to say a big thank you to them all. It was such a welcome gesture and I didn't want it to go unnoticed how grateful I was to them, as it's an unnerving experience to be stranded on your own.
I hope you will print this letter so that if they read this they will recognise themselves just so I can say thank you and wish them a merry Christmas.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
Fenny Lane, Meldreth