Working to help those who gave so much
At this time of year, our thoughts once again turn to Remembrance. We think not only of those who fought so bravely in the last century, but also of our recent losses, and the continuing sacrifices made by members of our Armed Forces on a daily basis. S
At this time of year, our thoughts once again turn to Remembrance.
We think not only of those who fought so bravely in the last century, but also of our recent losses, and the continuing sacrifices made by members of our Armed Forces on a daily basis.
Sadly, the number of British servicemen and women killed and seriously injured on operations continues to rise.
Many families are now struggling to come to terms with the sudden loss of a husband, father, brother, sister, son or daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Others are dealing with the impact of life-changing injuries or the physical and emotional scars a conflict can leave.
The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) Forces Help has been assisting members of the Armed Forces and their families for more than 120 years.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
SSAFA's army of volunteers across the country provide a range of practical, emotional and financial support.
Every year the Hertfordshire Branch assists hundreds of people across the county.
Anyone who has given one day's service is entitled to a lifetime of support from SSAFA, including past and current members of all our Armed Forces, members of the Territorial Army, our Reserve forces, and those who have done National Service.
To learn more about how SSAFA can help you or someone you know, or to volunteer to help us, please contact John Crawford, the Hertfordshire Branch Secretary on 07799110212; email email@example.com or visit www.ssafa.org.uk.