Working to help those who gave so much
At this time of year, our thoughts once again turn to Remembrance. We think not only of those who fought so bravely in the last century, but also of our recent losses, and the continuing sacrifices made by members of our Armed Forces on a daily basis. S
At this time of year, our thoughts once again turn to Remembrance.
We think not only of those who fought so bravely in the last century, but also of our recent losses, and the continuing sacrifices made by members of our Armed Forces on a daily basis.
Sadly, the number of British servicemen and women killed and seriously injured on operations continues to rise.
Many families are now struggling to come to terms with the sudden loss of a husband, father, brother, sister, son or daughter.
Others are dealing with the impact of life-changing injuries or the physical and emotional scars a conflict can leave.
The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) Forces Help has been assisting members of the Armed Forces and their families for more than 120 years.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
SSAFA's army of volunteers across the country provide a range of practical, emotional and financial support.
Every year the Hertfordshire Branch assists hundreds of people across the county.
Anyone who has given one day's service is entitled to a lifetime of support from SSAFA, including past and current members of all our Armed Forces, members of the Territorial Army, our Reserve forces, and those who have done National Service.
To learn more about how SSAFA can help you or someone you know, or to volunteer to help us, please contact John Crawford, the Hertfordshire Branch Secretary on 07799110212; email email@example.com or visit www.ssafa.org.uk.