Why youngsters get blues about eating their greens
IT turns out Jamie Oliver s campaign to encourage healthier eating in schools may not have been as successful as some may think. Some 71 per cent of local authorities said Jamie s campaign was the reason the number of pupils eating school dinners had gone
IT turns out Jamie Oliver's campaign to encourage healthier eating in schools may not have been as successful as some may think.
Some 71 per cent of local authorities said Jamie's campaign was the reason the number of pupils eating school dinners had gone down.
But I believe the problem starts at home.
It's no good forcing children to eat healthy meals at school if their parents instil unhealthy eating habits in them at home.
You may also want to watch:
It will only lead to a tantrum in the dining hall and the kids questioning their teachers' authority.
Instead, parents should encourage their children to eat fresh fruit and veg' from an early age.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Or if all else fails, maybe celebrity nutritionist Gillian McKeith should be sent round their homes - she is guaranteed to scare kids into eating a carrot!
On a serious note, children should be educated about eating healthily and shown fun ways to make their food look and taste more interesting.
By doing this you could kill two birds with one stone, and reduce the number of obese children too.