Who's who May 4 - 10
THURSDAY MAY 4 Deaths: Diana Dors, actress, 1984; Bernie Winters, comedian, 1991. FRIDAY MAY 5 Deaths: Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor, 1821. SATURDAY MAY 6 Deaths: Edward VII, 1910; Marlene Dietrich, actress and singer, 1992; Johnny Morris, presente
THURSDAY MAY 4
Deaths: Diana Dors, actress, 1984; Bernie Winters, comedian, 1991.
FRIDAY MAY 5
Deaths: Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor, 1821.
You may also want to watch:
SATURDAY MAY 6
Deaths: Edward VII, 1910; Marlene Dietrich, actress and singer, 1992; Johnny Morris, presenter of Animal Magic, 1999.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
SUNDAY MAY 7
Deaths: Douglas Fairbanks Jr, Hollywood star, 2000.
MONDAY MAY 8
Deaths: John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and liberal thinker, 1873; Paul Gauguin, French painter, 1903; Henry Gordon Selfridge, store owner, 1947; Gilles Villeneuve, Formula 1 racing driver, 1982; George Peppard, actor and star of The A-Team, 1994; Dirk Bogarde, actor, 1970.
TUESDAY MAY 9
Deaths: Sir Henry Morgan Stanley, explorer, 1904; Tensign Norgay, conqueror of Everest, 1986.
WEDNESDAY MAY 10
Deaths: Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson, American Civil War general, 1863; Joan Crawford, actress, 1977.
ON this day
Conan Doyle's hero Sherlock Holmes died today (Thursday) in 1891.
The detective has been portrayed by 75 actors in more than 200 films and is, of course, the hero of such books as The Hound of the Baskervilles and A Study in Scarlet.