Who's Who April 13 - 19
THURSDAY APRIL 13 Deaths: Sir Ross Smith, pioneer aviator, 1922; Jimmy Logan, entertainer, 2001; Caron Keating, television presenter, 2004. FRIDAY APRIL 14 Deaths: George Frederick Handel, composer, 1759; Noele Gordon, actress from Crossroads, 1985; Simo
THURSDAY APRIL 13
Deaths: Sir Ross Smith, pioneer aviator, 1922; Jimmy Logan, entertainer, 2001; Caron Keating, television presenter, 2004.
FRIDAY APRIL 14
Deaths: George Frederick Handel, composer, 1759; Noele Gordon, actress from Crossroads, 1985; Simone de Beauvoir, writer, 1986; Anthony Newley, actor, 1999; Jim Baxter, Scotland and Rangers soccer legend, A2001.
You may also want to watch:
SATURDAY APRIL 15
Deaths: Abraham Lincoln, US President, 1865; Michael Flanders, part of Swann and Flanders, 1975; Jean-Paul Sartre, author, 1980; Arthur Lowe, from Dad's Army, 1982; Tommy Cooper, comedian, 1984; Kenneth Williams, Carry On star, 1988; Greta Garbo, Hollywood legend, 1990; Leslie Charteris, creator of The Saint, 1993.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
SUNDAY APRIL 16
Deaths: Madame Tussaud, waxworks pioneer, 1850; Sir David Lean, movie director, 1991; Fred Davis, snooker player, 1998.
MONDAY APRIL 17
Deaths: Benjamin Franklin, US politician, 1790; Eddie Cochran, rock star, 1960; Benny Hill, comedian, 1992; Linda McCartney, wife of Paul McCartney, 1998.
TUESDAY APRIL 18
Deaths: Albert Einstein, scientist, 1955.
WEDNESDAY APRIL 19
Deaths: Lord George Gordon Byron, poet, 1824; Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister, 1881; Charles Darwin, biologist, 1882; Daphne du Maurier, author of Rebecca, 1989; Frankie Howerd, comedian, 1992; Norris McWhirter, co-creator of the Guinness Book of Records, 2004.