Who's who April 20 - 26
TODAY Deaths: Canaletto, Italian landscape painter, 1768; Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, 1912; James Chipperfield, circus proprietor, 1990; Steve Marriott, of the Small Faces, 1991. TOMORROW Deaths: Mark Twain, author of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of
THURSDAY APRIL 20
Deaths: Canaletto, Italian landscape painter, 1768; Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, 1912; James Chipperfield, circus proprietor, 1990; Steve Marriott, of the Small Faces, 1991.
FRIDAY APRIL 21
Deaths: Mark Twain, author of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, 1910; John Maynard Keynes, economist, 1946; Sandy Denny, lead singer of Fairport Convention, 1978; Nina Simone, jazz singer, 2003.
You may also want to watch:
SATURDAY APRIL 22
Deaths: Richard Nixon, ex-US President, 1994.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
SUNDAY APRIL 23
Deaths: William Shakespeare, playwright, 1616; Miguel De Cervantes, author of Don Quixote, 1616; William Wordsworth, poet, 1850; Rupert Brooke, war poet, 1915; Denis Compton, England Test cricket legend, 1997; Sir John Mills, actor, 2005.
MONDAY APRIL 24
Deaths: Daniel Defoe, author of Robinson Crusoe, 1731; Bud Abbott, of Abbott and Costello, 1974; William Hartnell, ex-Dr Who, 1975; Estee Lauder, cosmetics pioneer, 2004.
TUESDAY APRIL 25
Deaths: Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty, 1878; Ginger Rogers, dancer who partnered Fred Astaire, 1995.
WEDNESDAY APRIL 26
Deaths: Gypsy Rose Lee, dancer, 1970; Sid James, Carry On actor, 1976; Count Basie, jazz band leader, 1984; Lucille Ball, of I Love Lucy, 1989; Jill Dando, television presenter, 1999.