TODAY Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats Gang of Four, 2003. TOMORROW Births: Richard II, 1367. Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt
Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats' Gang of Four, 2003.
Births: Richard II, 1367.
You may also want to watch:
Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt, US President, 1919; Dizzy Gillespie, jazz trumpeter, 1993; Rudolph Nureyev, ballet dancer, 1993.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
Births: Gerald Durrell, author of My Family and Other Animals, 1925.
Deaths: Catherine of Aragon, wife of Henry VIII, 1536; Trevor Howard, actor, 1988; Michinomiya Hirohito, Emperor of Japan, 1989.
Births: Wilkie Collins, author of The Moonstone and The Woman in White, 1824; Elvis Presley, rock legend, 1935.
Deaths: Lord Robert Baden-Powell, creator of the Boy Scouts movement, 1941; Francois Mitterand, President of France, 1996.
Births: Simone de Beauvoir, author, 1908; Richard Nixon, US President, 1913.
Deaths: Tommy Handley, radio comedian, 1949; Peter Cook, comedian, 1995.
Deaths: Col William F Cody, otherwise Buffalo Bill, 1917; Coco (Gabrielle) Chanel, designer, 1971.
Births: Fred Archer, legendary jockey, 1824; Henry Gordon Selfridge, department store pioneer, 1864.
Deaths: Thomas Hardy, author of Far From the Madding Crowd and The Mayor of Casterbridge, 1928; Richmal Crompton, creator of the William books, 1969.