TODAY Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats Gang of Four, 2003. TOMORROW Births: Richard II, 1367. Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt
Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats' Gang of Four, 2003.
Births: Richard II, 1367.
You may also want to watch:
Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt, US President, 1919; Dizzy Gillespie, jazz trumpeter, 1993; Rudolph Nureyev, ballet dancer, 1993.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Births: Gerald Durrell, author of My Family and Other Animals, 1925.
Deaths: Catherine of Aragon, wife of Henry VIII, 1536; Trevor Howard, actor, 1988; Michinomiya Hirohito, Emperor of Japan, 1989.
Births: Wilkie Collins, author of The Moonstone and The Woman in White, 1824; Elvis Presley, rock legend, 1935.
Deaths: Lord Robert Baden-Powell, creator of the Boy Scouts movement, 1941; Francois Mitterand, President of France, 1996.
Births: Simone de Beauvoir, author, 1908; Richard Nixon, US President, 1913.
Deaths: Tommy Handley, radio comedian, 1949; Peter Cook, comedian, 1995.
Deaths: Col William F Cody, otherwise Buffalo Bill, 1917; Coco (Gabrielle) Chanel, designer, 1971.
Births: Fred Archer, legendary jockey, 1824; Henry Gordon Selfridge, department store pioneer, 1864.
Deaths: Thomas Hardy, author of Far From the Madding Crowd and The Mayor of Casterbridge, 1928; Richmal Crompton, creator of the William books, 1969.