TODAY Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats Gang of Four, 2003. TOMORROW Births: Richard II, 1367. Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt
Deaths: Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer, 1922; Calvin Coolidge, US President, 1933; Amy Johnson, aviator, 1941; Roy Jenkins, a member of the Social Democrats' Gang of Four, 2003.
Births: Richard II, 1367.
You may also want to watch:
Deaths: Theodore Roosevelt, US President, 1919; Dizzy Gillespie, jazz trumpeter, 1993; Rudolph Nureyev, ballet dancer, 1993.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
Births: Gerald Durrell, author of My Family and Other Animals, 1925.
Deaths: Catherine of Aragon, wife of Henry VIII, 1536; Trevor Howard, actor, 1988; Michinomiya Hirohito, Emperor of Japan, 1989.
Births: Wilkie Collins, author of The Moonstone and The Woman in White, 1824; Elvis Presley, rock legend, 1935.
Deaths: Lord Robert Baden-Powell, creator of the Boy Scouts movement, 1941; Francois Mitterand, President of France, 1996.
Births: Simone de Beauvoir, author, 1908; Richard Nixon, US President, 1913.
Deaths: Tommy Handley, radio comedian, 1949; Peter Cook, comedian, 1995.
Deaths: Col William F Cody, otherwise Buffalo Bill, 1917; Coco (Gabrielle) Chanel, designer, 1971.
Births: Fred Archer, legendary jockey, 1824; Henry Gordon Selfridge, department store pioneer, 1864.
Deaths: Thomas Hardy, author of Far From the Madding Crowd and The Mayor of Casterbridge, 1928; Richmal Crompton, creator of the William books, 1969.