What else could we do with �10.6m?
THINGS to do with �10.6million: 1: Build Royston s own Hadron Collider. There is a suitable site between the industrial estate and the A505, for a mini particle accelerator on the CERN model. This could lead to investigation of fundamental particles like
THINGS to do with �10.6million:
1: Build Royston's own Hadron Collider. There is a suitable site between the industrial estate and the A505, for a mini particle accelerator on the CERN model. This could lead to investigation of fundamental particles like bosons and quarks. Eventually Royston may provide the cosmological evidence for the origin of the universe. A sure fire hit with the tourists.
2: The A505 has developed a hazardous and dangerous reputation of late. Why not carpet the section between Royston and Baldock? This would enhance braking, steering and grip. I think I would recommend a nice berber or paisley pattern.
3: We could secure the services of David Beckham for Royston Town FC from LA Galaxy. I am sure Tom Malins or Danny Payne wouldn't mind relinquishing their places to the former England captain. After all, he would enjoy playing in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League, and probably secure promotion for the side. Playing for Royston would also be convenient for Beckingham Palace.
You may also want to watch:
4: Our excellent, though demanding, golf course is currently served by a club house that is a quarter of a mile from the first and last tees, which is quaint to say the least. There might be environmental concerns and it would require the consent of the members, but could we not move it brick by brick so that it is adjacent to the course?
You may be able to think of other things to do with �10.6million. North Herts District Council could only come up with a set of new council offices in Letchworth, using your money and mine. Money well spent?
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Gresley Lodge, Old North Road