What else could we do with �10.6m?
THINGS to do with �10.6million: 1: Build Royston s own Hadron Collider. There is a suitable site between the industrial estate and the A505, for a mini particle accelerator on the CERN model. This could lead to investigation of fundamental particles like
THINGS to do with �10.6million:
1: Build Royston's own Hadron Collider. There is a suitable site between the industrial estate and the A505, for a mini particle accelerator on the CERN model. This could lead to investigation of fundamental particles like bosons and quarks. Eventually Royston may provide the cosmological evidence for the origin of the universe. A sure fire hit with the tourists.
2: The A505 has developed a hazardous and dangerous reputation of late. Why not carpet the section between Royston and Baldock? This would enhance braking, steering and grip. I think I would recommend a nice berber or paisley pattern.
3: We could secure the services of David Beckham for Royston Town FC from LA Galaxy. I am sure Tom Malins or Danny Payne wouldn't mind relinquishing their places to the former England captain. After all, he would enjoy playing in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League, and probably secure promotion for the side. Playing for Royston would also be convenient for Beckingham Palace.
You may also want to watch:
4: Our excellent, though demanding, golf course is currently served by a club house that is a quarter of a mile from the first and last tees, which is quaint to say the least. There might be environmental concerns and it would require the consent of the members, but could we not move it brick by brick so that it is adjacent to the course?
You may be able to think of other things to do with �10.6million. North Herts District Council could only come up with a set of new council offices in Letchworth, using your money and mine. Money well spent?
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
Gresley Lodge, Old North Road