What did you do that day?
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday). But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England s greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy. We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 – b
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday).
But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England's greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy.
We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 - but we want YOU to share those World Cup moments.
Were you at Wembley Stadium? Do you remember the day and the celebrations? Is there one outstanding moment from the 1966 triumph that you recall?
We want to print a selection of your memories during the current World Cup tournament and give you the chance to recall those moments of drama and emotion.
Do you remember when West Germany equalised in the last minutes? Or the "disputed" goal when England took the lead in extra-time? Or Geoff Hurst completing his hat-trick?
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
What sort of day was it to you?
You can send your World Cup memories to Crow Nostalgia at Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.royston-crow.co.uk