What did you do that day?
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday). But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England s greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy. We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 – b
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday).
But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England's greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy.
We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 - but we want YOU to share those World Cup moments.
Were you at Wembley Stadium? Do you remember the day and the celebrations? Is there one outstanding moment from the 1966 triumph that you recall?
You may also want to watch:
We want to print a selection of your memories during the current World Cup tournament and give you the chance to recall those moments of drama and emotion.
Do you remember when West Germany equalised in the last minutes? Or the "disputed" goal when England took the lead in extra-time? Or Geoff Hurst completing his hat-trick?
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
What sort of day was it to you?
You can send your World Cup memories to Crow Nostalgia at Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.royston-crow.co.uk