What did you do that day?
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday). But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England s greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy. We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 – b
THE World Cup begins in earnest tomorrow (Friday).
But Crow Nostalgia is still looking for memories from 40 years ago and England's greatest moment when Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy.
We already have some memories of that day in July, 1966 - but we want YOU to share those World Cup moments.
Were you at Wembley Stadium? Do you remember the day and the celebrations? Is there one outstanding moment from the 1966 triumph that you recall?
You may also want to watch:
We want to print a selection of your memories during the current World Cup tournament and give you the chance to recall those moments of drama and emotion.
Do you remember when West Germany equalised in the last minutes? Or the "disputed" goal when England took the lead in extra-time? Or Geoff Hurst completing his hat-trick?
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
What sort of day was it to you?
You can send your World Cup memories to Crow Nostalgia at Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.royston-crow.co.uk