What a site for sore eyes
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool. With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool.
With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem for the procreation of butterflies.
It has been so for approximately two years, and in the process has become an eyesore of the town for those who travel on the A10.
Now the reasoning is probably beyond me. It is all to do with discounted cash flow analysis, internal rate of return, or length of payback period, you understand.
You may also want to watch:
However, there seems to be nothing happening with this prime piece of Royston real estate.
Of course it is tough being a property developer, local councillor, solicitor, project manager or whatever, but someone is holding up progress.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
I understand planning permission has been granted. What is stopping them?
Not that old excuse of a recession?
If we cannot have any movement on the project, is it possible to have some boards put up that shield the eyesore from view? You know what I mean, a mural, anything to hide the mess. Digitus extractum boys.