What a site for sore eyes
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool. With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool.
With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem for the procreation of butterflies.
It has been so for approximately two years, and in the process has become an eyesore of the town for those who travel on the A10.
Now the reasoning is probably beyond me. It is all to do with discounted cash flow analysis, internal rate of return, or length of payback period, you understand.
You may also want to watch:
However, there seems to be nothing happening with this prime piece of Royston real estate.
Of course it is tough being a property developer, local councillor, solicitor, project manager or whatever, but someone is holding up progress.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
I understand planning permission has been granted. What is stopping them?
Not that old excuse of a recession?
If we cannot have any movement on the project, is it possible to have some boards put up that shield the eyesore from view? You know what I mean, a mural, anything to hide the mess. Digitus extractum boys.