What a site for sore eyes
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool. With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem
Situated opposite the town hall on the other side of the A10 roundabout in Royston is the former site of the cinema, Star of India Restaurant, and the outdoor swimming pool.
With its lanky buddleia and other plant species it represents a valued ecosystem for the procreation of butterflies.
It has been so for approximately two years, and in the process has become an eyesore of the town for those who travel on the A10.
Now the reasoning is probably beyond me. It is all to do with discounted cash flow analysis, internal rate of return, or length of payback period, you understand.
You may also want to watch:
However, there seems to be nothing happening with this prime piece of Royston real estate.
Of course it is tough being a property developer, local councillor, solicitor, project manager or whatever, but someone is holding up progress.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
I understand planning permission has been granted. What is stopping them?
Not that old excuse of a recession?
If we cannot have any movement on the project, is it possible to have some boards put up that shield the eyesore from view? You know what I mean, a mural, anything to hide the mess. Digitus extractum boys.