We would call for assurances
AS district councillors as well as town councillors we were excluded from the discussion on tendering a bid to run Royston market. Had we been allowed to take part we would have wanted to be reassured about how the bid would result in re-energising the pu
AS district councillors as well as town councillors we were excluded from the discussion on tendering a bid to run Royston market.
Had we been allowed to take part we would have wanted to be reassured about how the bid would result in re-energising the public's use of the market, if the traders saw the bid as a welcome option, if successful, would not result in a call for additional resources and therefore cost.
We hope that these issues were in the working party's recommendation and and that it has been discussed and minuted, even though we and the public cannot see them.
We were pleased to see from the report in last week's edition of The Crow that a bid has been put forward.
You may also want to watch:
As the press and the public were excluded from the meeting and the town clerk is reported as having said that the decision to put in a bid could not be made public, who was the mole?
Cllr ROB INWOOD
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
- Editor's comment: The Crow, like any other newspaper, will always protect and not reveal its sources.