We, too, have a role to play in community
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison s persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town. Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the sup
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison's persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town.
Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the support of villagers, albeit that some live in south Cambridgeshire.
Villagers come into Royston to set up businesses, work, shop and perform many community kindnesses.
Cllr Harrison would be well to remember that when he was mayor, two people from Meldreth in south Cambridgeshire set up a Christmas Lights campaign for Royston - Hertfordshire.
The Royston Kite Festival, I believe, is organised by another south Cambridgeshire resident.
A Sunday School in Royston, until recently, was run by, yes, you guessed it, people from south Cambridgeshire. And I can continue.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 5 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
With an interest in the town, its viability and its environment, we do care about Royston.
We may not be on the electoral roll or pay our Council Tax here, but we are, we hope, members of the community.