We, too, have a role to play in community
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison s persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town. Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the sup
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison's persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town.
Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the support of villagers, albeit that some live in south Cambridgeshire.
Villagers come into Royston to set up businesses, work, shop and perform many community kindnesses.
Cllr Harrison would be well to remember that when he was mayor, two people from Meldreth in south Cambridgeshire set up a Christmas Lights campaign for Royston - Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Kite Festival, I believe, is organised by another south Cambridgeshire resident.
A Sunday School in Royston, until recently, was run by, yes, you guessed it, people from south Cambridgeshire. And I can continue.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
With an interest in the town, its viability and its environment, we do care about Royston.
We may not be on the electoral roll or pay our Council Tax here, but we are, we hope, members of the community.