We, too, have a role to play in community
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison s persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town. Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the sup
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison's persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town.
Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the support of villagers, albeit that some live in south Cambridgeshire.
Villagers come into Royston to set up businesses, work, shop and perform many community kindnesses.
Cllr Harrison would be well to remember that when he was mayor, two people from Meldreth in south Cambridgeshire set up a Christmas Lights campaign for Royston - Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
The Royston Kite Festival, I believe, is organised by another south Cambridgeshire resident.
A Sunday School in Royston, until recently, was run by, yes, you guessed it, people from south Cambridgeshire. And I can continue.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
With an interest in the town, its viability and its environment, we do care about Royston.
We may not be on the electoral roll or pay our Council Tax here, but we are, we hope, members of the community.