We, too, have a role to play in community
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison s persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town. Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the sup
MAY I address Councillor Mike Harrison's persistent short-sighted objections to people commenting and caring about matters in Royston when they live outside the town.
Royston would be a much poorer place, both in economic and social terms, without the support of villagers, albeit that some live in south Cambridgeshire.
Villagers come into Royston to set up businesses, work, shop and perform many community kindnesses.
Cllr Harrison would be well to remember that when he was mayor, two people from Meldreth in south Cambridgeshire set up a Christmas Lights campaign for Royston - Hertfordshire.
The Royston Kite Festival, I believe, is organised by another south Cambridgeshire resident.
A Sunday School in Royston, until recently, was run by, yes, you guessed it, people from south Cambridgeshire. And I can continue.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
With an interest in the town, its viability and its environment, we do care about Royston.
We may not be on the electoral roll or pay our Council Tax here, but we are, we hope, members of the community.