We’re on the road to ruin
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston? I ve lived here for more than 30 years and haven t seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the easter
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston?
I've lived here for more than 30 years and haven't seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the eastern end of York Way are all full of deep potholes.
Herts County Council admits that it has underinvested in road maintenance in recent years and is going to spend an additional £10million this year, but I just wonder how much of this will actually filter through to Royston itself.
If you look at the Hertfordshire Highways website the only works that are scheduled for Royston are some minor pavement repairs in Upper King Street.
You may also want to watch:
So what's going on?
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Palace Gardens, Royston