We’re on the road to ruin
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston? I ve lived here for more than 30 years and haven t seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the easter
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston?
I've lived here for more than 30 years and haven't seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the eastern end of York Way are all full of deep potholes.
Herts County Council admits that it has underinvested in road maintenance in recent years and is going to spend an additional £10million this year, but I just wonder how much of this will actually filter through to Royston itself.
If you look at the Hertfordshire Highways website the only works that are scheduled for Royston are some minor pavement repairs in Upper King Street.
You may also want to watch:
So what's going on?
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Palace Gardens, Royston