We’re on the road to ruin
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston? I ve lived here for more than 30 years and haven t seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the easter
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston?
I've lived here for more than 30 years and haven't seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the eastern end of York Way are all full of deep potholes.
Herts County Council admits that it has underinvested in road maintenance in recent years and is going to spend an additional £10million this year, but I just wonder how much of this will actually filter through to Royston itself.
If you look at the Hertfordshire Highways website the only works that are scheduled for Royston are some minor pavement repairs in Upper King Street.
So what's going on?
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 9 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Palace Gardens, Royston