We’re on the road to ruin
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston? I ve lived here for more than 30 years and haven t seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the easter
WHO is responsible for the appalling state of the roads in Royston?
I've lived here for more than 30 years and haven't seen them in such an dreadful state of repair before. For example, the northern end of Kneesworth Street, Old North Road, and the eastern end of York Way are all full of deep potholes.
Herts County Council admits that it has underinvested in road maintenance in recent years and is going to spend an additional £10million this year, but I just wonder how much of this will actually filter through to Royston itself.
If you look at the Hertfordshire Highways website the only works that are scheduled for Royston are some minor pavement repairs in Upper King Street.
You may also want to watch:
So what's going on?
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Palace Gardens, Royston