We need to think positive on the market
WE need to think positive. I am a regular who visits the market every Wednesday and Saturday where I put up a stall for campaigning. The stallholders are doing a great job. They have to pay rent and they have to make a living. Without the support of the p
WE need to think positive. I am a regular who visits the market every Wednesday and Saturday where I put up a stall for campaigning.
The stallholders are doing a great job. They have to pay rent and they have to make a living.
Without the support of the people they have to close early as there is no point in continuing when there are not any customers.
I know most of the stallholders and the majority have a good sense of humour; they also have to start early and put up with the cold and wet weather. They are there for us.
You may also want to watch:
Every week I meet young and elderly people who want the market to be a success: especially those that come in from the villages.
The town needs a real lift and support by Royston Town Council with new ideas.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
If years ago the market was great, why can't we work together and bring back the old days.
We have extra toilets and extra parking, that's a start. What next? Free parking on Saturdays.
Royston Pensioners' Action Group