We need to think positive on the market
WE need to think positive. I am a regular who visits the market every Wednesday and Saturday where I put up a stall for campaigning. The stallholders are doing a great job. They have to pay rent and they have to make a living. Without the support of the p
WE need to think positive. I am a regular who visits the market every Wednesday and Saturday where I put up a stall for campaigning.
The stallholders are doing a great job. They have to pay rent and they have to make a living.
Without the support of the people they have to close early as there is no point in continuing when there are not any customers.
I know most of the stallholders and the majority have a good sense of humour; they also have to start early and put up with the cold and wet weather. They are there for us.
You may also want to watch:
Every week I meet young and elderly people who want the market to be a success: especially those that come in from the villages.
The town needs a real lift and support by Royston Town Council with new ideas.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 6 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
If years ago the market was great, why can't we work together and bring back the old days.
We have extra toilets and extra parking, that's a start. What next? Free parking on Saturdays.
Royston Pensioners' Action Group