We need to show our true feelings on plans
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the comments made by Nick Adams (Postbag, January 17). The residents of Royston need to be more aware and proactive regarding the planning proposals in the town. I refer, too, to Steve Larcombe s comments. I find it incredi
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the comments made by Nick Adams (Postbag, January 17).
The residents of Royston need to be more aware and proactive regarding the planning proposals in the town.
I refer, too, to Steve Larcombe's comments. I find it incredible that Johnson Matthey is to be consulted over the future plans of the town centre.
And as stakeholders, what has it done for the residents of Rock Road and Orchard Way whose lives have been blighted by the new production facility building backing onto our homes.
You may also want to watch:
I have attended meetings with representatives of JMs to try and find a way to improve our lives, but our suggestion of a green wall, which would reduce the production noise and improve the vista of our living environment following the erection of this huge, unsightly building, has simply been ignored.
Now we understand that a further application has been made for an additional large-scale building and access modifications to enable industrial traffic to the said buildings.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
When will these people understand that we have to live with the legacy of its need to increase capacity.
And let's not get JMs out of proportion. JM's probably employs 1,000 people in Royston, but our residents number about 14,500.
Let us consult JM's in proportion to its presence.
Having lived in Royston for more than 16 years, I have witnessed the demise of the once thriving town to the embarrassment it has become today.
If it weren't for the actions of our misguided councillors and North Herts District Council, we wouldn't have the situation we have today; trying too late to revive a ghost town.
I can remember a time when councillors and authorities had a conscience and some regard for the quality of our environment. Where did it all go wrong?
We will never know how Royston would be without the development of Tesco and Johnson Matthey over recent times, but I am willing to guess it would be a far more harmonious place.
I urge the people of Royston to unite and make their true feelings heard, before it really is too late.
Orchard Way, Royston