We need to encourage this kind of business
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7). I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7).
I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning these people away.
I frequently read in the press about the public concern surrounding our dying towns through lack of investment.
Our town definitely reflects this growing trend, yet here we have a perfect example of local business people seeking to bring regeneration into our area and they find it to be a major uphill struggle.
You may also want to watch:
New business should be encouraged particularly on brown field sites such as this.
I hope that the council sees sense and encourages this sort of investment in the future.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
I WISH to express my strong support for the idea of turning the eyesore and derelict Horse and Groom into a hotel.
I see no negatives, only positives.
There is a shortage of places to stay in the area, and, of course, it would create jobs. What on earth are the downsides?