We need to encourage this kind of business
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7). I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7).
I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning these people away.
I frequently read in the press about the public concern surrounding our dying towns through lack of investment.
Our town definitely reflects this growing trend, yet here we have a perfect example of local business people seeking to bring regeneration into our area and they find it to be a major uphill struggle.
You may also want to watch:
New business should be encouraged particularly on brown field sites such as this.
I hope that the council sees sense and encourages this sort of investment in the future.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
I WISH to express my strong support for the idea of turning the eyesore and derelict Horse and Groom into a hotel.
I see no negatives, only positives.
There is a shortage of places to stay in the area, and, of course, it would create jobs. What on earth are the downsides?