We need to encourage this kind of business
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7). I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning
I READ the letter concerning The Horse and Groom pub with interest (Hotel plan looks right for site, December 7).
I would totally agree with the author of the letter. Surely we should be encouraging new businesses into the local area rather than turning these people away.
I frequently read in the press about the public concern surrounding our dying towns through lack of investment.
Our town definitely reflects this growing trend, yet here we have a perfect example of local business people seeking to bring regeneration into our area and they find it to be a major uphill struggle.
You may also want to watch:
New business should be encouraged particularly on brown field sites such as this.
I hope that the council sees sense and encourages this sort of investment in the future.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
I WISH to express my strong support for the idea of turning the eyesore and derelict Horse and Groom into a hotel.
I see no negatives, only positives.
There is a shortage of places to stay in the area, and, of course, it would create jobs. What on earth are the downsides?