We need more facilities – not less
I WOULD like to ask a simple question regarding the threatened closure of the public toilets at Royston bus station: Why isn t there enough money available? With all the extra funds in North Herts District Council s cofers from the massive housing develop
I WOULD like to ask a simple question regarding the threatened closure of the public toilets at Royston bus station: Why isn't there enough money available?
With all the extra funds in North Herts District Council's cofers from the massive housing developments taking place, as well as increased parking charges, I believe it would be possible to actually have a proper waiting room including toilets built.
This would be a forward rather than a backward step and would greatly benefit all the poor souls who have little shelter from wind and rain at present while waiting for buses.
As a rapidly expanding town, surely Royston needs more not fewer facilities.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside